Friday 2 December 2011

Assignment Stage 2 - Add material

At stage two, I moved on to add materials on each models, to get them ready for the final animating stage.

First was the x-wing model with its elevator.

Original:
















After

















I chose to use a more military style material for the elevator and x-wing, in order to create a better "war atmosphere" to the scene.

Also this single tone material has made x-wing look more serious, and giving an effect of flashy, advanced technology.

Another reason was somehow, with the original colors, this model looked more like a toy than a solid air craft.

Therefore after all the testing and experiments, I decided to use these materials.





I have also used two different materials on the x-wing, one darker and one lighter materials, this would make the  details that I modeled on the x-wing stand out.

As because the details of my all models were created in the modelling stage, therefore I wouldn't need to rely on the material to give me the details and texture. It was also the same reason that had made the models look more realistic and easier in this stage.

















Also, under the light, the current materials looked as a shiny silver, look more like an advance technology air craft.


I used uvw mapping technique on most part of the elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment